“AntibioticResistance is one of the most urgent global health threats”
Antibiotic Awareness Week
5 Ways to Participate in U.S. Antibiotic Awareness Week, Nov. 12–Nov 18
Today kicks off U.S. Antibiotic Awareness Week 2018!
Antibiotics are life-saving drugs and critical tools for treating infections, like those that can lead to sepsis. However, when antibiotics aren’t needed, they won’t help you, and the side effects could still cause harm. Additionally, any time antibiotics are used inpeople or animals, they can lead to antibiotic resistance. Everyone has a role to play to improve antibiotic prescribing and use, including you!
5 Ways to Participate in U.S. Antibiotic Awareness Week:
- Use and share Be Antibiotics Aware educational materials, including graphics for print and social media from CDC’s national educational effort to keep patients safe, decrease adverse drug events, and help fight antibiotic resistance.
- Make a commitment to The AMR Challenge. Join leaders worldwide to combat antibiotic resistance by improving antibiotic use, including ensuring access to these drugs globally.
- Register for CDC’s FREE webinar: 5 Ways Pharmacists Can Be Antibiotics Aware in hospital settings on Tues., November 13 from 1-2 pm ET. Leading experts will discuss pharmacists’ roles in improving antibiotic prescribing and use in hospital settings. Receive FREE continuing education.
- Join the Global Twitter Storm on Thurs., November 15 from 9-10 am ET using the hashtag #AntibioticResistance. Use social media to spark conversation throughout the week using #USAAW18 and #BeAntibioticsAware.
- Visit CDC’s Safe Healthcare Blog for new stories, including today’s posthighlighting the Veterans Health Administration’s success in improving antibiotic prescribing for veterans.
This annual one-week observance helps raise awareness of the importance of appropriate antibiotic use to combat the threat ofantibiotic resistance. CDC is a global leader in efforts to improve antibiotic prescribing and use practices. Improving the way we prescribe and take antibiotics helps keep us healthy now, helps fight antibiotic resistance, and ensures that these life-saving drugs will be available for future generations.
We look forward to working with you this week to share these resources and raise awareness!
It’s U.S. Antibiotic Awareness Week! #AntibioticResistance is one of the most urgent global health threats. Everyone has a role to play in improving antibiotic use. Learn how you can participate: http://bit.ly/2xCq7Vz #USAAW18 #BeAntibioticsAware
The CDC has reached over 2 million subscribers. Thank you for your support.
Update Subscriber Preferences or Unsubscribe | Learn about CDC Updates
Questions or problems? Please firstname.lastname@example.org.